- Stainless steel blades and stainless steel grinding chamber lower heat build up to preserve more flavor and aroma
- Stainless steel container and blades are easy to clean
- Large capacity for more than 15 cups of coffee
- Pulse action lets you control fineness of grind
- Fast stopping blade (only one second) for maximum safety
- Recessed cord storage in base of grinder
- Clear see-through safety lid
L-4¼" x W-4" x H-7½"
How Things Work
Grinding fresh whole bean coffee immediately before brewing is the first step to achieving the best tasting coffee at home. Ground coffee interacts with the air around it and, within hours, loses a great deal of flavor and aroma. The longer the ground coffee is exposed to air the more flavor is lost and the rich, full-bodied taste of the coffee cannot be obtained.
The stainless steel blades will rotate at a very high speed (20,000 to 30,000 rpm) and quickly chop the coffee beans into fine particles. The longer the blades grind the coffee, the finer the coffee will become and can eventually lead to “coffee dust”. It is recommended to pulse the blade grinder in short burst of 2-3 seconds so that the coffee does not get overheated while the blade is revolving. For a coarse grind, pulse for 8-10 seconds. For a medium grind, pulse for 10-15 seconds. It is not recommended to use a blade grinder for fine grinding as the consistency of the grind is not as uniform as burr grinders can achieve.