CoffeeSock® ColdBrew filters are durable and may last a year or more. CoffeeSock® ColdBrew filters are a reusable alternative to paper filters and nylon sacks. All of our filters out-perform any comparable disposable and reusable filters. Cotton absorbs some of the oils released from coffee beans yet lets acids pass through. The resulting cup is clear crisp, rich and robust with all the acid of paper brewed coffee, without the paper taste, and all of the richness of French press without the heavy oiliness. CoffeeSock filters are made with Certified Organic Cotton. Cotton imparts no flavor on the finished brew unlike paper. Cotton is 90% cellulose, which is a tasteless and odorless compound that is insoluable in water. Wood is 40-50% while Hemp is approximately 45% cellulose.
(Suggested Soak: 8-10 hours)
- Manufactured in the USA
- Easy cleanup - Just empty grounds, rinse, and hang to thoroughly dry.
- High quality and less expensive than many market alternatives.
- Made from Organic Cotton - a responsibly produced, renewable resource.
This special gift kit with a bamboo lid (pictured separately) is exclusive to Whisk.
- These solid bamboo lids are perfect for your CoffeeSock ColdBrew kit!
- They can also be used in the fridge, freezer or for dry storage. They have a food safe silicone seal to help keep air out.
- Made to fit wide mouth canning jars *do not place in microwave or dishwasher.
Care and Handling - Handle like you would other kitchen equipment, but avoid detergents. After brew is complete, remove grounds from filter. Do not allow grounds to remain in filter longer than is necessary to fully drain. Evert filter and brush away most of remaining coffee grounds. Rinse filter well, wring out excess water, and hang to dry.
With time oils will build up in the filters. The oils may be removed by boiling in fresh water. This is also an alternative method for sanitization. Sanitize in the same manner when cross contamination is suspected. Allow filters to dry thoroughly between brews.