For delicious, tender cake, try our easy King Arthur mix.
Ideal for cupcakes, bundt-style or layered birthday cakes. Just add butter, eggs & milk.
Our mixes are carefully crafted in our test kitchen through meticulous taste-testing (it's a tough job, but we're up to the challenge!) and blending to replicate our favorite recipes. The best part? We do the measuring and mixing for you. The result? Consistent deliciousness that everyone can enjoy made with simple ingredients that we bake with every day in our kitchens — no artificial colors or flavors, no preservatives, and all non-GMO.
- Yields 2 dozen cupcakes; two 9" rounds, or a 9" x 13" sheet cake
High Altitude Baking:
- Preheat the oven to 360°F. Whisk together the dry mix with the additional flour and Instant ClearJel if using; then proceed with the package directions as written using the adjusted amounts below. Check for doneness 5 minutes sooner than lowest bake time given on package.
- 3500 to 5000 feet: Add 1 tablespoon flour and 1½ teaspoons Instant ClearJel to the mix. Add 2 teaspoons extra milk.
- 5000 to 7000 feet: Add 2 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon Instant Clearjel to the mix. Add 1 tablespoon extra milk.
- 7000 to 9500 feet: Add ¼ cup flour, 2 tablespoons Instant ClearJel to the mix. Add 2 tablespoons extra milk.